1."Have you ever been in therapy? No? You should try it. It's like a really
easy game show where the correct answer to every question is: 'Because of my
2. "After a year in therapy my psychiatrist said to me, 'Maybe life isn't for everyone'."
3. "The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite
4. "If excessive smoking actually plays a role in the production of lung
cancer, it seems to be a minor one."
Dr WC Heuper (1954)
5. "As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying,
'Relax, you're not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients', but the
another kept reminding me, 'Howard, you are a veterinarian!'"
6. "My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he
gave me six months more."
7. "A woman went to a plastic surgeon and asked him to make her like Bo
Derek. He gave her a labotomy."
8. "She got her looks from her father: He's a plastic surgeon."
9. "For the majority of people smoking has a beneficial effect."
Dr Ian MacDonald (1963)
10. "Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined."
11. "I was under the care of a couple of medical students who couldn't
diagnose a decapitation."
12. "First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease
named after me."
13. "No-one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish."
14. "There must be something to acupuncture. After all, you never see any
15. "The operation was a complete success, but the patient died of something
16. "I'm not feeling very well, I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest
17. "A psychiatrist is a man who goes to a strip club and watches the
18. "Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a
19. "I have the body of an eighteen year old. I keep it in the
20. "The art of medicine is in amusing a patient while nature affects the